Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Farmer takes a wife

Well, if I didn't feel like a "farmer" before, I do now. We spent last weekend putting gravel in our barn preparing to concrete it. This week we took our chickens to be butchered. That is one thing I won't do!!! EVER!! I had to freeze them all though. These cold mornings I don't like heading out to the barn to take all the animals out. Two donkeys, the pony and then to the chicken coop to let them out (we still have 18 egg layers). It was only 23 today at 7:30 when I put them out. Their water outside was FROZEN...

I made Logan brownies for his birthday and he will be having his party on Saturday. Austin picked him up a few little things on Tuesday when we ran to the store before school, but I have to go tonight or tomorrow and finish up. I'm not even sure what to get him, other than shoes.

Well, I have to work still and I really need to clean my house before his party so I'll leave with some pictures of the kids' donkeys (Waldo and Stormy) and pony (Buddy).

Morgan riding Stormy



Buddy



Stormy


Waldo being curious, right after this he tried to eat the camera.



Waldo

No comments: